Severe acne can have a negative effect on a person’s confidence. Many people who have a severe case experience lower self-esteem and a low self-image. For some people, acne is just a temporary problem during their teen years. After their hormone levels have settled, they find they don’t have to deal with it anymore. For others, it can be an ongoing, lifelong dilemma. Thankfully, there is hope, and our doctors can help you find a workable treatment option that will help reduce acne and boost self-esteem and confidence. As people age, acne can become less of a problem for many, especially if it’s due to hormone levels. For others, it can worsen as they age. It may be isolated to the facial area, but often, it’s also found on the back, chest, and even the buttocks. These factors rely largely on the cause of acne.
The skin has many pores, which are small openings. Each of these small openings produces oil. Acne is the result of these pores becoming clogged with bacteria or dead skin that can trap the oil inside. It can also be caused by pores making too much oil. For some people, the common skin condition is the result of hormonal changes that cause the skin to make more oil. Teenagers and menstruating women are often most susceptible. There are also some people who have a hereditary disposition toward acne-prone skin. It’s not a life-threatening condition, but it can be painful, uncomfortable, and wear away at your confidence.
Acne can vary from mild to severe, including these types:
- Blackheads occur when pores become clogged with oil and then turn a brownish-black color. They look like small, black, raised dots on the skin.
- Whiteheads are similar to blackheads, but clogged pores turn white instead.
- Papules are small, red, slightly raised bumps on the skin.
- Pustules are also small red bumps on the skin, but white pus forms at the tip of the bumps.
- Nodules are lumps underneath the skin’s surface. These are usually painful.
- Cystic lesions are infected, painful lumps beneath the skin’s surface. These are filled with pus and are sometimes worse than just nodules.
A person can have one or more of these types of acne, or they can have an overabundance of a single type. The good news is you can buy acne treatment online for even the most severe types.
Rely On Our Team for Help
The doctors at Web Doctors will assess your specific problems and determine which is the best online acne treatment for your particular case. They may offer strong pharmaceutical medications or suggest a natural acne treatment based on the symptoms and severity.